Because all the cool kids seem to be doing it…
1. Visit Morocco.
2. Attend Christmas Mass at the Duomo Cathedral.
3. Hike the Dolomite Mountains.
4. Visit Salzburg and reenact all my favorite scenes from The Sound of Music.
5. Ride a camel.
6. Adopt a cat or dog with my significant other.
7. Speak at a school graduation or commencement exercises.
8. Walk into a boardroom confidently, wearing sky-high heels and a power suit.
9. Go scuba diving – bonus points if at a shipwreck!
10. Swim/dive with sharks.
11. Cook a huge breakfast spready for myself & the SO in a cute little apartment.
12. Visit the Bogyoka Aung San museum in Myanmar.
13. Go skydiving. (Pretty sure this is on everyone’s bucket list.)
14. See the Eaton Collection.
15. Visit Riverside, Iowa – the future birthplace of Captain James T. Kirk.
See the Sagada Hanging Coffins.
- Saw them last April 2015. Blogged here.
Camp on a beach.
- Anawangin and Nagsasa in Zambales.
- Lopez Island in Alaminos.
- Burot Beach in Calatagan. An article I wrote on the experience was published on the travel website Two Monkeys Travel Group.
18. Write and have a book a published.
19. Visit Heceta Head & the Heceta Lighthouse in Oregon.
20. Drive along the Autobahn.
21. Hike Mt. Pulag.
22. Attend the Ati-Atihan Festival.
23. Get a paper published in an academic journal.
24. Attend Mardi Gras in New Orleans.
25. Undertake a major DIY project.
26. Hike the MacLehose Trail in Hong Kong.
27. Swim in the Jellyfish Lake in Palau.
28. Pick apples in an apple orchard.
29. Go on a Nelson Mandela tour in South Africa.
30. Go on a long road trip (eyeing Ilocos or Bicol, tbh).
See a Japanese castle.
- Visited the Osaka Castle in April 2014.
32. Learn ballroom dancing.
Attend a formal event, complete with suits and gowns, with the SO.
- Our graduation ball when we graduated from university in 2013.
- I have another upcoming formal event, my sorority’s annual Founder’s Ball is this July and he’s already agreed to be my date! (He wasn’t my date last year because he had work, boo.)
34. Be a bridesmaid or a maid-of-honor.
See cherry blossoms.
- In Osaka and in Tokyo, April 2014.
36. Take a cooking class in another country.
37. Stargaze in the back of a pick-up truck filled with pillows and blankets.
38. Drink local coffee in a cafe or restaurant with a view of the mountains.
39. Meet and get an autograph/picture of a celebrity I’m in love with.
40. Spend the night in the Presidential Suite of any hotel.
Go surfing. Baler, Aurora in May 2016.
something in person that I’ve only ever seen on postcards.
- The Hundred Islands National Park in Alaminos, Pangasinan, blogged here.
- Also, the Chocolate Hills in Bohol, in January 2012.
- The Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur, May 2015
- The Osaka Castle in April 2014.
43. Have the feeling that I’ve achieved my dream career.
Buy books from a small, independent bookstore.
- Books Actually in Tiong Bahru, Singapore last May 2015.
Say a prayer at a temple or church of a religion different from mine.
- The Meiji Shrine in Tokyo, April 2014.
- The Jamek Mosque and the National Mosque, both in Kuala Lumpur, May 2015.
- The Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and the Sri Mariamman Temple, both in Singapore.
46. Go cliff-diving.
47. Visit all 81 provinces of the Philippines. (Check out my list here.)
Watch a musical or play.
- Dracula in Greenbelt.
- West Side Story at the Meralco Theater.
- Phantom of the Opera at the Cultural Center of the Philippines.
- Wicked also at CCP.
- Chicago at the Solaire Theatre.
- Les Misérables also at Solaire.
49. Watch a musical on Broadway or the West End.
50. Do something totally spontaneous, unplanned, and fun – with possibly risky consequences.