I finally got around to doing one of those blogger award things! They’re such a great way to make friends and find new blogs, aren’t they? Not to mention, it feels super flattering to think that another blogger took notice of your own little corner of the Internet.
This blogger award is called The Awesome Blogger, and I was nominated by Glaiza from Glimmer of Happiness. I was honestly really happy to be noticed by her because I’ve been
stalking following her blog for ages, and I really, really like her aesthetic. (Follow her Instagram at @glaizabinayas – feed goals!)
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Tag your post #awesomebloggeraward.
- Answer the questions your nominator gave you.
- Nominate at least 5 awesome bloggers.
- Give your nominees 10 new questions to answer.
- Let your nominees know that they’ve been nominated.
1. What’s the thing you love most about blogging?
I love bouncing thoughts around and going back and forth on certain ideas with loads of different people! I mention in my About page that the reason I started this blog is because I have a ton of stuff that I want to say, so I love that not only am I getting to say everything on my mind, but there are also people out there who can contribute to the discussion.
2. Who would you consider as your blogging friend?
Off the top of my head, I would have to say Odee of Hey It’s Odee and Thea of Life of an Introvert. I talk to Odee both on our blogs and Twitter a lot, and we have a standing coffee date (which we still need to plan btw!). Thea and I, on the other hand, have actual real life connections! Her childhood best friend is one of my classmates from university, and she also knows my boyfriend!
3. What’s your top 5 dream country destinations?
My number one would be Morocco, definitely! I picked up a book at random from a “Free Book Day” promo my school’s library had, and it turned out to be a biography of Malika Oufkir, a political prisoner from the rule of King Hassan II. The book (it’s called Stolen Lives: Twenty Years in a Desert Jail if you’d like to check it out) ignited a fascination for Morocco, and I eagerly read anything more about Morocco that I could get my hands on.
Aside from Morocco, I’d also like to visit Italy (with my boyfriend, because his father is an OFW stationed in Milan and he hasn’t been home in nearly ten years), Cambodia, Brazil, and Spain. Japan used to be one of dream country destinations, but I’ve already been last 2014, and I’ll be going again later this year!
4. What do you love the most about your family?
We’re absolutely crazy. We have so many inside jokes that sometimes people look at us weirdly when we laugh in public! Our chat groups on Facebook Messenger and Viber are called “homygahd my pamilee” (Filipinos will get me)!
5. What do you like to do on a weekend?
I’m either out with friends, at home with my boyfriend marathoning horror movies and/or our latest TV series obsession, or at a coffeeshop with my laptop and books.
6. Do you like to cook?
YES. One of these days I’m going to take pictures of something I’ve cooked and share the recipe!
7. If you could be on any reality TV show, which one would it be and why?
RuPaul’s Drag Race, without a doubt!
8. Who is your blogging inspiration? Why her/him?
Bae from The Bae Blogs! She’s such a lovely and friendly person (I love talking to her on Twitter!), and her blog aesthetic is exactly the kind of clean, minimalist look that I want my blog to have. Her posts are really interesting too!
9. What is your daily mantra?
“If you can’t dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” – W.C. Fields
10. Which activities make you lose track of time?
Blogging, Muay Thai (I started four months ago and I’m hooked), swimming in the ocean or any other large body of water, hiking, reading.
- If you could be anyone else for a day, who would it be and why?
- What’s a recipe that you know by heart?
- What’s your favorite place to swim?
- What kind of shoes do you like to wear the most?
- Where is your favorite or ideal place for blogging?
- Describe a perfect summer.
- What level of education (high school graduate, bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, etc.) would like to attain?
- What qualities are a must for your close friends to have? Are any of them deal-breakers?
- What particular fashion trend do you hate the most?
- What animal do you feel is most like you or most represents you?